Arlon’s 33N is a 250⁰C high glass transition temperature resin system which is ideal for commercial applications requiring a UL94-V0 rating. Decomposition temperature of 390°C (vs. 300-360°C for typical high-performance epoxies) offering outstanding long term high-temperature performance and long service life. 33N is used in applications where superior performance and reliable thermal stability are required. Meets requirements of IPC-4101/40 and IPC-4101/41.
Process inner-layers through develop, etch, and strip using standard industry practices. Use brown oxide on inner layers. Adjust dwell time in the oxide bath to ensure uniform coating. Bake inner layers in a rack for 60 minutes at 107°C - 121°C (225°F - 250°F) immediately prior to lay-up. Vacuum desiccate the prepreg for 8 - 12 hours prior to lamination.
- Pre-vacuum for 30 - 45 minutes
- Control the heat rise to 4.5°C - 6.5°C (8°F - 12°F) per minute between 100°C and150°C (210°F and 300°F).
- Set cure temperature at 213˚C (415˚F). Start cycle timer when product temperature reaches 210˚C (410˚F)
- Cure time at temperature = 90 minutes
NOTE: For sequential lamination use 60 minutes for the first lamination and 90 minutes for the final
- Cool down under pressure at ≤ 6°C/min (12°F/min)
- Drill at 350 SFM. Undercut bits are recommended for vias 0.0 18” (0.45mm) and smaller
- De-smear using alkaline permanganate or plasma with settings appropriate for polyimide; plasma is preferred for positive etchback
- Conventional plating processes are compatible with 33N
- Standard profiling parameters may be used; chip breaker style router bits are not recommended
- Bake for 1 - 2 hours at 250°F (121°C) prior to solder to reflow of HASL
Arlon EMD is the first U.S. laminator recognized under IPC’s Quality Product Listing. We are the only laminator to have achieved certification for all three slash sheets on polyimide materials, IPC-4101/40, IPC-4101/41 and IPC-4101/42.
Need more information...