Arlon’s 45N is a tough, high Tg (175°C by DSC) multifunctional epoxy laminate and prepreg system designed for use in a variety of higher layer count MLB’s. Processable using conventional FR-4 lamination conditions. Meets requirements of IPC-4101/26.
Process inner-layers through develop, etch, and strip using standard industry practices. Use brown oxide on inner layers. Adjust dwell time in the oxide bath to ensure uniform coating.
Bake inner layers in a rack for 60 minutes at 225°F - 250°F (107°C - 121°C) immediately prior to lay-up. Vacuum desiccate the prepreg for 8 – 12 hours prior to lamination.
- Pre-vacuum for 30 minutes
- Control the heat rise to 8°F-12°F (4.5°C - 6.5°C) per minute between 210°F and 300°F (100°C and 150°C)
- Product temperature at start of cure = 360°F (180°C).
- Cure time at temperature = 90 minutes
- Cool down under pressure at ≤ 12°F/min (6°C/min)